iTunes “This computer is no longer authorized..”
So, this week when synchronising my iphone I was faced with an interesting message:
This computer is no longer authorized for applications that are installed on the iPhone “iMoo”. Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?”
Sub-note: “If you do not authorize this computer, 27 applications, including “ColorSplash”, and their data will be deleted from this iPod.”
Anyways as expected, when i pressed “Authorize” button provided, it didn’t actually work. So I pressed cancel and didn’t bother about it, however I soon found that many of my apps were not working, they would simply close straight away.
So anyways, thinking iTunes had finally worked out that my phone was jailbroken, I jumped on google and had a bit of a look around.
Turns out, it hadn’t… to my surprise the fix was pretty (well really) simple.
- Log in to the administrator account.
- Note: If you do not have access to an administrator password, you will need to contact the administrator of this computer. If this is a work computer, this may be your IT department.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed. You can download the latest version free.
- Choose Store > Authorize Computer.
- Enter your iTunes account name and password in the resulting dialog
- Note: Following this step, I was told that my computer is already authorized
- Lastly, right click on the iPhone under devices on the left panel, and click “Sync”
All done 🙂 With a bit of luck you should be able to sync with no probs at all 🙂
If the above steps work for you, please like, tweet or share using the buttons below. Cheers.