iTunes “This computer is no longer authorized..”
So, this week when synchronising my iphone I was faced with an interesting message:
This computer is no longer authorized for applications that are installed on the iPhone “iMoo”. Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?”
Sub-note: “If you do not authorize this computer, 27 applications, including “ColorSplash”, and their data will be deleted from this iPod.”
Anyways as expected, when i pressed “Authorize” button provided, it didn’t actually work. So I pressed cancel and didn’t bother about it, however I soon found that many of my apps were not working, they would simply close straight away.
So anyways, thinking iTunes had finally worked out that my phone was jailbroken, I jumped on google and had a bit of a look around.
Turns out, it hadn’t… to my surprise the fix was pretty (well really) simple.
- Log in to the administrator account.
- Note: If you do not have access to an administrator password, you will need to contact the administrator of this computer. If this is a work computer, this may be your IT department.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed. You can download the latest version free.
- Choose Store > Authorize Computer.
- Enter your iTunes account name and password in the resulting dialog
- Note: Following this step, I was told that my computer is already authorized
- Lastly, right click on the iPhone under devices on the left panel, and click “Sync”
All done With a bit of luck you should be able to sync with no probs at all
If the above steps work for you, please like, tweet or share using the buttons below. Cheers.